The year is bringing a lot of change to 6300 Block Germantown.As of March 2012
- The Johnson House just hosted The Good Raised Up. A wonderful musical and artistic depiction of the history of the Johnson House. Some background and comments – thegoodraisedup.blogspot.com/
- We have several new businesses that have come in the past 6 months: churches, hair salons, and a chiropractor. I would love more retail, if you know anyone.
- Cleanup is in progress for one of our vacant sites
- The City Streetscape Plan might actually happen this year. Recent updates from Dept of Commerce states that the contract has been awarded.
- Several properties have had their facades refresh
- Plans are ongoing for monthly Historical programs on the block and submission of a grant proposal for a Heritage Plan
- We are seeking committee members to help with the plans for the Annual Juneteenth event which will be held June 16th.